When you are finalizing the processes for the construction of your commercial space, the most vital decision you will be making is either to entrust the construction to a Construction Manager/General Contractor or go for the Design-Build- Deliver model of construction. Though both models of construction give the best results, here let us consider the advantages of getting your construction done through a General Contractor Service. The CMGC method is also called “Construction Manager At Risk” (CMR).
To do this, you as the project owner will be hiring a reliable contactor for getting the necessary design inputs in the pre-construction phase and will undertake the actual construction work once the construction begins. Thus, the CMGC (Construction Manager General Contractor) process involves two phases the design phase and the construction phase.
Advantages of choosing the CMGC model of construction includes :
- Get valuable inputs to the overall design of the construction project.
- Risk reduction by the identification of factors that are likely lead to instability in the design as well as factors that may lead to an escalation of costs.
- Take an innovative approach as it is possible to explore all the options through effective collaboration.
- Help in the selection of the processes that lead to cost control during the construction.
- Optimize the construction schedules to complete the project within the planned time.
Thus, the engagement of a Construction Manager/ General Contractor to conduct the construction process is one of the best options for the project owner as it is possible to get customized solutions and enhancements to all his project essentials.