When you are finalizing the processes for constructing your commercial space, the most vital decision you will be making is either to entrust the construction to a Construction Manager/General Contractor or go for the Design-Build-Deliver model of construction. Though both models of construction give the best results, here, let us consider the advantages of getting your construction done through a General Contractor Service. The CMGC method is also called “Construction Manager At-Risk” (CMR).
To do this, you, as the project owner, will be hiring a reliable contactor for getting the necessary design inputs in the pre-construction phase and will undertake the actual construction work once the construction begins. Thus, the CMGC (Construction Manager General Contractor) process involves two phases the design phase and the construction phase.
Advantages of choosing the CMGC model of construction include:
- Get valuable input to the overall design of the construction project.
- Risk reduction by identifying factors that are likely to lead to instability in the design and factors that may lead to an escalation of costs.
- Take an innovative approach as it is possible to explore all the options through effective collaboration.
- Help in the selection of the processes that lead to cost control during the construction.
- Optimize the construction schedules to complete the project within the planned time.
Thus, a Construction Manager/ General Contractor’s engagement in the construction process is one of the best options for the project owner. It is possible to get customized solutions and enhancements to all his project essentials.